di-noc material

• 2 weeks later...

Having restored a '52 Super woodie, I have been through the wringer on this. Save your money, unlike what I did, and go down to your nearest Chrysler-Plymouth dealer, and get the exact same di-noc material from them for the Chrysler Town & Country mini-vans. The price is a mere pittance, and you cannot tell the difference!<P>I was stupid enough to buy mine from a vendor who is well known in the Buick Club. I paid over $120 for it, expecting it to be cut to form, or at the very least, expecting the cut lines to be marked on the material I received. WRONG! I could have gone down to my neighborhood vinyl/wallpaper store and gotten the very same sheet of peel-off vinyl for $10. NEVER AGAIN! You have been warned.<P>Contact me privately if you want more details.<P>Pete Phillips<BR>pphillips@netexas.net<BR>BCA #7338<BR>BCA Board Secretary

Ditto Here<BR>When I restored my 49 Woody over 20 years ago, found the same problem , locating wood grain inserts. I searched several hardware stored and found an excelent match in the peel off paper. This paper is a lot thinner and easier to work with.<P>Jim Schilf

Gentlemen...and Ladies,<P>I also have an interest in the woodgrain material as used on a 70 Estate Wagon. I have heard from Pal Buick previously in regard to some material that he has or had, but was confused by the sizes he listed of his pieces, large and rectangular. I already have two precut pieces in original boxes that are formed to fit around wheel opening etc. with no triming needed.<P>Until now I hadn't persued the transfers as I was preping for paint. Your posts are enlightening - can anyone shed more light on this subject and how it relates to the 70?<P>Thanks,<BR>Brad