HELP removing ECM

tnheygirl

SHould the BCM resemble the ECM? I took glove box off and this is what I see first (BCM). I need to replace ECM and don't know how to get it out. I can see it while up side down in p/floorboard.<BR> Does anyone know the serial number for the ECM I can use for an 88 reatta? Or what to do next?<BR>Thanks<BR>Mendy<p>[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: tnheygirl ]

If I remember correctly the ECM is to the Right of the A/C programer and mounted in a verticle position. The A/C programer is a black plastic box with a small metal arm attached to it. The BCM is mounted above the A/C Programer. The BCM has a rather large plug on the left of it and a smaller plug to the right. I hope this helps you. Howard

I did a search for you and found the following from our good Reatta friend, Padgett. I took the liberty of editing some of the text, which had nothing to do with the ECM location. Howard:<P>To get to the ECM, you do not remove the glove box, you drop the black cover under the dash panel - the one with the courtesy light in it. The ECM is mounted vertically with the plugs facing down and is toward the right side just past all of the vaccuum hoses going to the a/c programmer. Is a bit difficult to get out because it must drop near straight down and one corner digs into the carpet.<P>[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: padgett ]

O.k. The silver box directly behind glove compartment is the BCM right? If so why does it look identical (connectors) to the "ecm" autozone gave me? Please don't tell me the ECM is what I can barely see while upside down on the passenger side floorboard looking up? Anyone? Barney? Skip? where are you guys? again how do I get it out?<p>[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: tnheygirl ]