Runs rough, hesitates, then springs forward!

CReichert

What is going on? My 90 has a totally intermittent problem that I do not know where to start to diagnose. When I am driving, the car will run rough, hesitate like it has lost a little power, then it will act like it "catches" and springs forward like a wind-up toy! <P>-This happens maybe once a week and the whole ordeal will last 5 seconds or so.<BR>-It can happen at any speed. <BR>-It has happened both right away and after driving for a while.<BR>-New plugs and wires put on < 1 year ago.<P>Fuel filter? Dirty injectors? Any ideas? <P>Thanks,<BR>CTR

Guest EDBS0

Try fuel pump relay first.<BR>Then fuel filter.<BR>Then Chevron with Techron or Redline Fuel injector cleaner.<BR>Then test fuel pump.<BR>Then coil pack?<BR>Sticking open EGR valve could also cause that, test and clean.<BR>How old is oxygen sensor?<BR>Partially clogged cat converter possible but unlikely.<P>You could get lucky and have the part fail completely, intermittent problems are the worst. confused.gif" border="0

My vote is for the coil pack. Will cost ya about 75 bucks and if you can work a screw driver, it'll take you 15 minutes.... just watch out for the goo that you will find underneath it it can make a real mess.