The Phantom Lighting

Guest Greg Ross

Guest Greg Ross

Installed a replacement CRT shipped to me from Jim Finn the other night. I've put up with an intermittant screen for quite some time and just happened to read a response Jim had posted on another CRT query.<BR>Along with the Blinkidy-Blink CRT;<BR>I've had the Dash Switch Modules lighting intermittently,<BR>and some or all console lighting.<BR>Last night drove after dark for the first time since swaping out the CRT and;<BR>everything is illuminated just as it should. Any theories?

• 1 month later...
Guest Greg Ross

All illumination except for the LightSwitch Module and the Wiper/ Washe Module are lit all the time, the two modules are intermuittant. I have read here sugestion of everything from Electronic Cleaner to WD 40 to Windex having been benificial.<BR>The culprit is usually the Main Headlight Module Dimmer rheostat, the wiper apparently wears and causes this problem and several Posts have suggested spraying cleaner in around the Slide Button. I've had the Module apart and not had success cleaning it that way.<BR>There are two 110 V power supplies, one in the dash and one in the console to feed these luminescent lighted items. They could be the other failure possibility.