What was your first Buick owned?

ronvb

Guest dperras

'86 Riviera T-type. Not ashamed to admit it either. First year of the touch-screen, 2 years prior to the Reatta. Hard-core Riv fans hated those years. I think those were the pre-Reattas. Sorry guys didn't know any better back then. Hey it was the 80's.

Through the years I owned one or more of everything General Motors makes except a Buick. I had admired the Reatta since it came out and had only seen a couple in parking lots. About three years ago I ran across one in Phoenix on an Infiniti used car lot and made it my first Buick. Gave myself an 'attaboy, hence "Rattaboy". Two years ago I got the computer and ran across the Reatta site. Been involved with it since. With information gained here, I traded the '90 for a '91. Have far too much $$ in it but its a nice one and maybe I'll live long enough to make it worth it.

I've never owned another Buick, but my parents owned an 86 LeSabre (or is it LaSabre, or LeSaber - whatever) & an 88 Century. Now, I'd like to own one of those perdy Grand Nationals, or maybe a Riv. Something big & roomy, but still with lots of power!

1948 Roadmaster convertible, white with white top and red leather. Dual spots. Fireball straight 8 with three on the tree. Whatta car, whatta chick magnet! Looked/smelled/drove good until the drainage canal ate it in 1953.<P>Jerry

First Buick: 1972 LeSabre convertible. red car, black interior, black top. Changed out the white walls & hubcaps for Riviera ralley wheels & black walls. Bought from original owner in 1980, sold to a buddy in 1984. He drove it many years until it burned up on Interstate 4 as he was driving from Tampa to Orlando. He and I both have carried fire extinguishers since. Three other Buicks since but still looking for first Reatta.

First one was a '68 Riv, bought it from an elderly couple in '77 (like new) drove the *#@* out of it for years, powerbraked it, did a 360 in the road at 120mph, overheated it all the time, caught it on fire once. I guess I drove it a little hard rolleyes.gif" border="0 <BR>That thing was indestuctable, never had any problems with it, the day I sold it it still ran like new. Yes, I was just a kid back then wink.gif" border="0

I traded a 1952 Chevrolet in on a new `55 66R. I had looked at a `55 Chevrolet convertible but was able to trade for the Buick for less difference. The payments were $95./month. Looking back, I don`t know how I did it on Army pay of about $240./month. After many years of searching, I located an identical low mileage car which is now restored and parked next to an `89 and a `90 Reatta in the garage. I didn`t know at the time but I had bought a car that would "out drag" the Chevrolet along with Ford and Oldsmobile.

First Buick ,41 sedanette with factory duel carbs and push button starter, a rarity for buicks of the day Drove it to HS in the MId fifties, next buick was a fifty sedanette with a 56 powertrain including the twin turbine dynaflow, had to put headers on it just to get it all in many more buicks including lots of estate wagons (kids) and only present buick, 91 reatta. which would change if buick would build the blackhawk in place of the bengal smile.gif" border="0

My first Buick was a 1971 Skylark GS Stage 1.<BR>I bought it in 1985 and I still have it today. Since then, I have owned 2 90 Reatta's and a 95 SC Riviera. The first 90 Reatta was purchased new in 1990. The second Reatta was purchased in November of 2001. I still have the second 90 Reatta.

My first Buick . . . actually my first car . . . was a 1964 LeSabre 4 door. Mom and dad gave it to me when I turn 15 because mom had gotten a new Dodge and the Buick had been totaled out after two different accidents. But dad bought the car back fromt he insurance company both times because the damage was just cosmetic. 3 weeks after getting my license, I ran off the road and rolled it over on it's top . . . just before it slid to a stop it hit a bank and flipped back on the driver's side. Me and the two friends that were with me and a guy who saw it happen and stopped to help all stood on the bank and pushed it back onto the wheels. After I got clamed down a little, we hopped in and drove it home! It warped both wheels on the drivers side, and caved in the rear quarter pannel, but the wide trim on the side stayed on and it didn't even break any glass. I abused the heck out of it for another year or so and after running it hot and warping a head (don't remember exacly what engine it was, but it was a V8 with aluminum heads) I sold it for $75. It wasn't the prettiest car I've ever owned, but it was by far the toughest!<P>I haven't owned a Buick since then, but I'm looking at Reatta . . . I've wanted one ever since they hit the market.

My first Buick was a '72 Electra 225 I bought in 1973. Sold my Corvette and became a family man. It was a very nice car!

Guest Buick Mike

Throughout the years either I or an immediate family member have owned:<BR>'70 Electra 225<BR>'77 Riviera<BR>'86 LeSabre Grand National (Yes, they did so make them - 114, I think)<BR>'86 GN<BR>GNX<BR>'90 Reatta<BR>'95 Skylark<P>Still have the Reatta, Skylark, '86 GN, and the X.<P>Mike

Hi everybody,<BR> Thought I'd jump in here. My first Buick owned (and by the way, the second car I've owned), is the 1989 Buick Riviera I bought at a local car dealer in Evansville, Indiana around October of '99.<BR> It had been an older widow's car that she had bought new in '89 for around $27,000 at the time.<BR> When she traded it in, it had a little over 63,000 miles on it, and after the dealership had it cleaned and detailed, looked like in mint condition. smile.gif" border="0 <BR> I knew that traditionally older people drove Buicks, and I being around 20 or 21 at the time also had the choice of buying a 1991 Camaro RS with 31,000 miles, but the Riviera won out.<BR> Especially as I was looking for a car with digital dash, this thing had it and more.<BR> The dash, CRT, keyless entry, climate control, and the sunroof, really sold me on this car. As well as the car's classy styling.<BR>The driver's side door panel has cracked some on the leather, but this car was in really fine shape for its age.<BR> The night I bought it, it looked like it had just rolled off the showroom floor, with the pewter grey metallic paint finish gleaming in the lights on the car lot.<BR> I've rambled a little too long I guess, but I thought I'd share my first Buick owning experience. smile.gif" border="0

First Buick was a '63 LeSabre with a 430 Wildcat engine. My dad bought it used from a foreman at the Doraville plant who had walked it down the line. It was built right. Had nice clean lines both inside and out. Would get up and go better than other 4-door sedans of the time. <P>It was signed over to me when I graduated from college. I traded it in on a VW Scirocco (poor man's Porsche.)<P>Current Buick is a '91 Roadmaster "woody" Estate Wagon. Soon to be sixteen daughter does not want to begin learning in it.

Burch,<BR>Went thru that with my two sons,I had 2-1986 Olds Cutlass Supremes-307v8 rear wheel drive cars for them. One low mileage original the other high miles-but restored-new paint-new everything-both handsome cars! Kids did not want no part of driving them! Go figure!<BR>ronvb rolleyes.gif" border="0

I've owned two Buicks. The first one was a '74 Century bought in '75. It was my first "adult" car after college. I drove it four years, in which time the paint faded badly and the vinyl door panels cracked. I've never owned a car that deteriorated so badly in such a short period. The final straw was when it "drowned-out" during a storm in the inside lane of I-75 North on the Covington (KY) hill in heavy traffic. There wasn't much shoulder, so the car was blocking about half of the inside lane. My wife was 6 months pregnant with our first child. I took off the distributor cap and dried the inside of the cap, the rotor, and the points with my handkerchief. Fortunately, it started. It was traded a few weeks later for a '79 Honda Accord, which was one of the best cars I've ever owned.<P>Despite my first Buick experience, I fell in love with Reatta's, and bought a silver '89 coupe last year. shocked.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Guest C.F.Massie

I've only owned two Buicks, my first was a 53 Special. I loved that old boat, gong to High School in that thing was a hoot, you could get so many people in it. my second is my 89 Reatta and I love it too, probably more so since I bought the Reatta new. grin.gif" border="0

My first Buick was a '76 Century four door with the 6 cyl engine. It was a company car so it was the cheapest stripped model with no options whatsoever. It wasn't pretty but it was the most reliable car I have ever had, and was by far the best car in the snow I ever had. I think the small engine and real wheel drive must have made it neutrally balanced or something because there was nothing that would stop that car. One time I drove home through a raging blizzard that was declared an emergency and the roads were closed (not even plowed). Not hardly even a wheel spin the whole trip, and that was with just the all-season tires.<BR>I bought it from the company after 2 years and 55k miles and gave it to my father. He put another 130k or so on it with no mechanical trouble at all. The only thing that finally did it in was frame rust from all the winters in the north.

My first is a 1980 Skyhawk with a Road Hawk<BR>package. Some guy traded it in for a Trans Am. I got it in 1981 and still have it and installed a 4.1 turbo. Even though it is not factory is uses off the shelf parts ,like a<BR>1980 Monte Carlo Turbo hood scoop.<BR>My parents had a '77 Regal for 10 years then<BR>I put a high compression 350 into. Shorty after that a Cop friend bought it and used it as a chase car.

My Buick story started in 1965 with a 1955 Special with two badly burnt exhaust valves.<BR>Next a 1982 Electra wagon (a great road car)<BR>Then a 1989 LeSabre T-type coupe, I loved that car then a 1990 Reatta, then a 1991 Reatta, then a 1990 Reatta, then a 1990 Reatta etc.......(there was a 1989 in there somewhere)

My first Buick was a 1957 Buick Special 2 door, traded that on a 1962 Buick Invicta convertible, this was a beautiful car but both of these Buicks had the Dynaflow transmission and the gas milage was terrible, somewhere around 10MPG, the next Buick I owned was a 1991 Reatta, great car owned it for almost 10 years. My last Buick is a 1996 Park Avenue Ultra which I still have, this too has been a very dependable car and gets excellent gas mileage

My first Buick was a Reatta (of course).<BR>It was a 1990 Coupe, outside Driftwood and inside tan.<BR>Now I own a 1990 Convertible, Black and grey.<BR>Just love it. grin.gif" border="0

First Buick was a '64 Special Convertible, which was highly modified; next a '68 GS400 which, again, was highly modified; last my current '90 Reatta Coupe. Ron grin.gif" border="0

Not that it matters, but I forgot one of the Buicks I have owned, a 1966 Buick Special 4 door and as I remember it too was a very good car

My first car is a buick Im 16 and the reatta is my FIRST car shocked.gif" border="0 its an awsome car. I love the responses that I get at school. People always ask "what the heck is that" Its great. about three months ago though I rolled it. But the good news is that I got the car back with brand new glass,roof,and hood. it looks great and you cant even tell it was in an accident. It also runs better than before the accident.

Guest wally888

Have been hesitant to reply because I have owned a Buick other than Reatta but don't know model.<BR> Sounds strange I know but in 1955 I received orders for transfer to the Phillipine Ils. I immediately started gathering info re. what I should take. Was told a new Caddy would bring $20,000 ( cost 4-5k) but I couldn't afford a new Caddy. I bought a Buick , not a new one, a 1951 something. As I remember it was yellow and black w/ several round ports on each side of hood/engine/fenders?? What I remember most is it sounded like it was going 100mph when pulling away from a light.<BR> Think I got $10+k for it but the best selling item was a manual Singer Sewing machine! (few had electricity)