Reatta database

Barney Eaton

The Reatta database now has over 3000 cars listed.<P>Today I sent Tom Jenkins an update that contains ALL of the 1991 vin numbers and basic information on them compiled by Stan Leslie.<P>Tom may be away for the holidays and it site may not get updated for another week, but please don't stop sending me information on your Reatta or any you see in parking lots or car lots. <P>I need the vin number to put them in build sequence, colors, options, and mileage. I cannot add a vehicle unless I have the vin number and at least the color.<P>Happy Holidays to all.........

I still don't see my cars entered in the database.<P>88 Buick Reatta silver/silver trim with dual 16 way seats 1G4EC11C7JB902562<P>89 Buick Reatta blue/blue trim with 6 way seats 1G4EC11C8KB901812

Sahein, your two cars are now on my database. You will not find it on the update, but it will appear in about a month when we update again. Do you want me to add the mileage and where the cars are located?

• 10 years later...
Guest pamelahutson@verizon.net

Barney I own an 1989 Reatta Silver/Silver mileage 163473. VIN No. 1G4ECK19TX31206924.

I am the second owner, bought it in early 90's with about 60000 miles. The Reatta is a sedan with a sun roof, seats are 6 way.

It is in pretty good condition and I may wish to sell it soon.

It has a new paint job, air conditioner compressor and idler pulley and serpentine belt just replaced.

Lights rebuilt by Kingsley. Just replaced the Cruise Servo wtih one from Jim Finn. The CRT works but having a problem with the screen going black while the Touch pad still works sent it to George Pleshko and he said there is nothing wrong with it. (Ideas?)

ABS ]have been redone.

I kept it serviced every 3000 miles but it has been sitting for 3 years and I just resurrected it. It runs good.

Small upholstery wear on left door panel and few spots here and there, Passenger seat needs to be redone but not too bad. Needs a vacuum hose replaced (large one that goes through the firewall, it is rotted but still workable,)

Interior is pretty clean original carpet and trim with some wear.

I have replaced the instrument panel switches and door panel switches about 10 years ago and then it sat.

Stereo works but the cassette eats cassettes. I think it is an adjustment but will be sending it to M&R soon unless you know someone in California that can fix it.

Tires brand new and so is battery.

Pam Chavez Hutson

pamelahutson@verizon.net

It appears that some people like Pam use the "search" feature on the forum.

I feel like somewhat of a failure when I see we had 3,000 cars in 2001 and eleven years later the total is only 5,500 +

I can tell you that we have a complete listing for 1988, 1989, and 1990 car that was loaned to us by Larry Gustin and it has taken some time to get it converted from a print-out into a usable Excel file. So if you count those years we have 20,232 cars documented, plus many of the 1991's are on the database. We have a complete listing of all 1991 convertibles showing interior/exterior color, options, even pinstripe color.

The 1988 list above is very close to being released. I will be sending CD's to the Sloan and Buick Archives in Flint so they can help anyone coming to them for 1988 information.

The 1990 list is maybe 95% scrubbed and it will be next. I have not started on the 1989 because working on it takes time away from completing the '88 and '90 list.

Thanks to all Reatta owners that have sent me information and I still add (update) information sent to me like the info from Pam, to the original database.

There may always be 2 databases because the original has the columns formatted differently than the later database. I am not smart enough to merge the two, and if you were to merge the two and found a descrepency, then there would be more time spent on resolving that issue.

Barney, glad you found the 89 and 90 lists. When you need the codes converted, shoot them over to me. I'll use the same formula as last time (with changed for new color options etc) and can probably have it done in an evening.

Is there a chance it will be done by Charlotte at the end of June?

Don't know if it's in your database. Last October I purchased a 1988 Reatta. I have been working the list of repairs and will probably have it on the road by mid-summer 2012. Still need to fix exhaust, A/C, Door courtesy lights, headliner, sluggish door locks and a noise in the back (broken shock maybe?) Anyway, VIN 1G4EC11C8JB903364. red coupe with tan interior. I think it's the original colors. It's been repainted but I don't see any remnants of another color. 186,000 miles and now residing in North Andover, Massachusetts.

Guest KentWood

I purchased my 1990 Reatta VIN 1G4CE13C7LB902478 RED / GREY with no 16, no CD, no Sun in aug 2011. Purchase mileage was 93768. Current mileage is 94250 .

it can be seen at thread " Look What I Found " .

Please add it to the database . Thanks

Edited by KentWood (see edit history)

Guest billys

OK Barney heres two more,

1989 COUPE RED GRAY INT. VIN 1G4EC11C9KB901172.

1990 CONVERTIBLE WHITE TOP MAROUNE INT.cd player VIN 1G4EC33C9LB906656

Edited by billys
adding to (see edit history)

Guest Beejuman

BARNEY HERE IS MY INFO TECHNICALLY IM THE 3RD OWNER LONG STORY ON IT.

69000 MILES

1989 BUICK REATTA

VIN: 1G4EC11C0KB902131

WHITE WITH BLUE INTERIOR

NO SUNROOF

Thanks to everyone for sending their car info.... the more info you send the better... like to know if it has 16w, sunroof, or CD on late cars

Pam........ the number you posted is not a Reatta 1G4ECK19TX31206924

a 1989 REATTA would have a number like 1G4EC11C?KB90????

Guest KentWood

Barney, could you let us know when the list is updated by posting a note to that effect on this thread ? Thanks

• 2 years later...
Guest cadhd2002

Barney,

I have a 1991 1G4EC33L3MB900384 white(EXT) red(INT) blk(MOLD) am/fm with cd. 41,000 miles. Saint Jo, Texas (CONV)

I have a 1991 1G4EC13L2MB900932 white(EXT) red(INT) wht(MOLD) am/fm with cd 153,000 miles. Saint Jo, Texas (COUP)

Thanks

Sonny Stewart

• 7 years later...

Barney,

My name is Mike Adler and I recently purchased a 1990 Reatta convertible.  It is Red with a tan interior and top. the VIN is 1G4EC33C5LB906718.  It has the CD and 16 way power seat.  The information I have showsthat it was a west coast car with two owners, I believe I am the third owner.  The car has a little over 49,000 miles.

Mike Adler BCA # 11391

Reatta Left Side 4 12 2022.jpg

Thanks for the input..... I will attempt to let you know when the database is updated. 

Input has been slow for the last few years so it does not get done that often. 

I keep the master and send it to Tom in FL who ownes the site and has maintained it online for about 20 years at no cost to me or the club. 

I can't wait for the criticism but although neat at one time, the Reatta database has probably outlived it's ability to keep up with the cars and the interest.  21,000 + cars is frankly too much for a database.  1991 production alone maybe doable but 21,000 is too much.  I have provided anecdotally my cars information over the years and the database has never been updated with that information.  And I don't care, that's OK.   Few Reatta owners own the cars for the heritage aspect of them.  They are meant to be driven 1st, collected as artifacts 2nd.  

Reattas are the anti "1 of 1" cars.   Nobody cares about that aspect of them and they were built in an era of homogeneity. Witness that in most cases only 2 options were present, 16 way and sunroofs.   

I am proud to have laid hands on and owned some rare Reattas, including the 1 of 1 1991 Maui Blue / Beechwood with sunroof coupe.  (Thanks, Marck) However, it has disappeared into the Fort Dodge Iowa area as a $350 project car that may never get done.  

My 1988 Select 60 went to an old guy in Grinnell Iowa that "always wanted a Reatta but could never afford one".  It sold for $800 and he drove it home.  I kept the genuine Select 60 hood badge (see my post footer photo) and sold it for $180!   My 1 of 60 Desert Tan 1990 convertibles went to Omaha, Nebraska.   He throws a new battery in it each spring but other than that it is a pleasant driver class Reatta convertible.   

Great hobby, great cars, just time to put the database to rest and get on with enjoying the remaining cars.  In my opinion. 

Moran, not sure how it's any skin off you back if the database is or isn't updated.  If you were doing the work then that's all together different, but I can't remember ever seeing your name on those that have done any work on it.  There are not 21K Reatta's running around anymore so if anything the database will be easier to keep as the numbers dwindle.  The issue may be a large number of entries needing made to get it up to date but a few a day would get that done.   The Reatta world would be lucky if you sold your remaining two and you never looked back.  You are probably the most negative Nellie out there for the Reatta.  Can't figure out why if you hate them so much why you stick around other than to just troll.  

• Like 1

You sold a select 60 for $800? What was wrong with it? There is no way there are still 21,000 cars. Probably 10,000 or less that haven't been crushed. The best way to track them is to see how many are registered thru the state licenses. Plus there are some that have made their way to Europe.

Agree, maintenance should not be that hard. Wish I could help but have a few challenges at the moment.

Understand, other than the badge the 88 select 60 was not very interesting and have never cared for black cars.

Suspect a triple blue firemist sunroof 88 with 16 ways is pretty rare. But is it desirable ?

BTW Blake: is that cars titled or cars registered ? I have two titled but only one registered.

That is registered. Same here. I have three Reattas. Two are titled and one is registered. I haven’t titled/registered my newest to me car yet until I fix a few things. The one that is titled but not registered is a parts car to me.

I would love to actually see some photos of the black select sixties. It’s my understanding they were painted black with red interiors? 

F72254F2-B96B-4C52-87A2-02A794942AF8.jpeg

Edited by BlakesReatta (see edit history)

It has 16 way seats but no suede. I don’t think the seats have the original upholstery although. The color of the leather is a bit too light although whoever did the recovering did a fine job. These are much lighter than my 90 convertible which has its original saddle 16 way seats. The car has been repainted and doesn’t have any rust except in the trunk spare tire well and of course the battery terminal.

It fits perfectly in the vin number range and it makes me wonder that maybe our knowledge of the serial numbers is either incorrect or the X22 code might not have been as accurate as people think. If the serial numbers started at 901060, that would make my car the sixth car in the select 60 production. I lean toward thinking the serial number range might be incorrect or they botched up x22 code and it didn’t really make it on all the select 60 cars. 

this car has been repainted and doesn’t have a hood badge. It was originally black however. I found a dealer card from when the vehicle was originally sold in the owners folio. 

018B0026-C663-4866-B843-3611DE6B4797.jpeg