Horn Button

Richard S

The replacement number is 16750752.<BR>GM had an intermediate fix using fishing line. I made a sketch that duplicates their fix and I can send it to you if you request it. <BR>Anything you do will require removing the airbag to get to the button. GM has lots of warnings but it's all common sense.

Guest jadesdrift90

I did this on my 90 just a few months ago...not very hard...do a search here or go to the reatta site for instructions (I forget which one)...they are great!<P>Jade<P>P.S. My torx screwdriver bit turned out to be different than the instructions. So you might want to be prepared. Mine turned out to be a #35.<P>P.S.S. The horn button cost $22.00 each...both of mine were broke.<p>[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: jadesdrift90 ]

Go get a new button at the Buick garage and replace it. I glued my post and finally glued the whole thing together but then I could not use it. When I got discusted with the mess.... I replaced it for about $20 and wondered why I didn't do it sooner. The replacement button is different with modifications that improve it. They knew it was a cheap button assembly as originaly designed! Steve

Just took mine out a couple a weeks ago, there appears to be fishing line that holds the switch together( from being over extended)maybe just the line is broke. ordered one from gmpartsdirect $22.51 w/shipping. Sent wheel to american-stitches and they lost my horn button.