i think she's dead,HELP!

I need help!i haven't started my 88 in about two months, i tried starting it the other day it turned over and started but turned off after about five min. after that it'll go on for about 2 seconds then same thing.i've changed plugs and wires since but to no avail.could it be my ignition module?I had some prob. with it before it went out of commision.HELP! frown.gif" border="0

Hi ,<BR> Our 1988 has a similar problems, except ours start as well as runs , though will huff and puff and stalls, as if the engine's on the brink, it has a 238K Kms, I wonder what the problem is, as there are no codes set.

The fuel pump comes on two seconds when the car is started. The detection of oil pressure then keeps the pump running. If your car starts every time, and then dies, it sounds like the fuel pump is not being enabled by oil pressure.<P> This system was used by GM as a safety interlock to prevent the high pressure pump from running after a crash severe enough to stall the engine, but where the ignition key was still ON.

hey!thanks for the information.I'm thinking though that it's something else because in the few times it actually started i would give it some gas and the rpm's would climb but it would still shut off.my friend said possibly a pvc valve?anybody know anything about this?

Why would that make you think it is someting else. Like I said, check the rail pressure. If partial clog will backfill slowly enough to start, even be able to goose until pressure drops.