Kruse auction report, March 16-18

Reatta Man

More Buicks floating through a Kruse auction than I've seen in some time. There were lots of cars there from a collector named Ritch Atwell. Seems he had lots of money and didn't know what to do with it, so he bought cars and stored them--as is. He sold lots of them this weekend, and most of them wouldn't start, so they were towed across the auction block, but still seemed to bring good money. Here's a recap:<P>1989 Reatta coupe, grey, #3 condition, 123K miles, ran OK, no ABS light on, fair to good interior and body, bid: $4000, did't sell<P>1956 Century 4-dr hardtop, #3 condition, unknown miles, V-8, automatic, not running, VG black exterior, VG black and red interior, PS, PB, factory air, sold at no reserve for $6,750<P>1957 Roadmaster 75 4-dr hardtop, strong #3 condition, 91K original miles, not running, VG to E black paint, original VG to E unmolested interior, PW, P Seats, PS, PB, Wonderbar radio, factory air, sold at no reserve for $8,800 (man, I wanted that one, but wasn't there when it sold!)<P>1975 Electra 225 4-dr hardtop, all power, powder blue original paint, white vinyl top, dark blue cloth interior, unmolested original, about 100K miles, sold for $1,900<P>1937 Buick 4-dr, Special (I think) very good restoration, a good #2 condition, straight eight engine, 3-spd manual, tan paint, excellent interior, all chrome and wheels as they should be, sold for $17,000<P>1953 Skylark convertible, weak #4 condition, barely running, white exterior, red interior, needing total restoration but completely intact with no major rust or body damage, sold for $17,000 (I think)<P>1948 Buick Roadmaster 4-dr, bad amateur paint job, original engine replaced with a Buick 455 C.I. V-8, bid to about $5,000, not much interest from the bidders. <P>Joe