a/c blows only thru def. & bottom vents

i have an 88' and the a/c blows cold but only thru the def. and bottom vents. no matter what i select on the ecc (auto,def,bi-lev,etc)it'll only blow thru those two vents.<BR>is this a relay problem or something else?

thanks for the information i've got a coulple of questions though,where are the vacuum actuator and blue hose you were talking about located and maybe the 89 crt and the 88crt different but i can't acces the vent thing you were talking about<BR>more info would be appreciated.thanks

Guest wally888

If you remove the panel behind brake pedal(one w/ one light in it),two or 3 wing nuts at back and a few screws at forward end,you will see,by lying on your back w/ head on accelerator, two ,maybe 3 actuators.Black,conicalbout 2 inches in dia.<BR>w/ small hoses attatched(one you see will have 2 hoses. W/ flashlight and someone to change settings(you will find very difficult to look and get your finger on CRT in the right place)(might need to start engine as vac. storage may empty or maybe there is a pump?)Don't mind giving info but EVERYONE should buy a manual.Will pay for itself almost immediately!