Info wanted for "City Buick", Long Island City NY

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

No luck yet--thought I'd try again....<P>Anyone know anything about a NY dealership called "City Buick"? They were on Northern Blvd in Long Island City. Looking at the map, this appears to be on Long Island near Queens, just across the river from Manhatten. Like so many other GM dealers, they no longer exist. (Don't know if they changed names and moved to suburbs or just went "under")<P>My 70 225 convertible was ordered and bought there. I'm looking for more info on the dealership such as history, photos, memorabilia, and knowledge of whether they used a trunk lid name-plate logo or a license frame with dealer name.<P>Can any of you NYC BCA folks help?<P>Thanks!

There is still a City Cadillac, Olds, and Hummer dealership in Long Island City. Perhaps they also sold Buicks in the past???? or could at least give you some info. Hope it helps.<P>City Cadillac, Olds, Hummer<BR>43-60 Northern Boulevard <BR>Long Island City, NY 11101<BR>Phone 718-786-3535 ? Fax 718-472-0437 <A HREF="http://www.citycaddy.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.citycaddy.com/</A>

Guest 70 Electra

Rich D,<BR>Thanks for the lead. The address (on my Protecto-Plate) for City Buick was 36-11 Northern. City Olds/Cad is at 43-60. <P>I don't know how these funny hyphenated addresses work, but I'll contact City Olds and inquire if there is a connection with the former City Buick---either physically (building) or management.<P>Any input from Queens/Long Island area members? Thanks!<P>Greg

I WILL ASK AROUND MY AREA IF ANYONE<BR>REMEMBERS THE DEALERSHIP.<BR> QUEENS HAS AN INTERESTING ADDRESS SYSTEM.<BR> I CAN'T RECALL THE ADDRESS YOU HAVE OFFHAND,BUT IT TELLS YOU THE CROSS STREETS AND THE HOUSE/BLDG # ALL IN ONE.<BR> I REMEMBER A CITY MAZDA,BUT THEY WERE ACROSS THE EAST RIVER ON 11th AVE IN MANHATTAN.