http://antiquewaterpumps.com

WillBilly53

has anybody ever done business with these guys? i'm considering buying a new water pump for my '53 and on the price sheet it says $55. i thought this was a great deal. but i was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with them good or bad.<P>thanks,<P>will e.

Will,<BR>I've been looking for over two months now for a water pump (rebuilt or new) for my 322 V8 and it's been tough locating the 'right' one. Seems they have two or three different models for 1953 Buicks. An auto parts store ordered one for me and it didn't even come close to looking like the one on the car. I even gave the guy the parts number from my 1953 Buick Parts book for a reference. When I returned it I got a guy who knew his stuff and called around to find the right one. Many places would only take my water pump and rebuild it. I'm want one just to keep in the trunk with the rest of my "road-trip" parts. You might want to start your collection of parts when you get Naomi out away from home (starter, fuel pump, water pump, radiator hoses, fan belts, etc.).<P>Here is the ONLY place that said they have my water pump in stock ready to ship:<BR>Classic Buicks, Inc 909.591.0283 (I talked to 'Mark'). Here is the price qoute: $57 for the pump and a core charge of $50. They charge me the core charge because I'm not sending in a water pump to swap with them. <P>Go to your 1953 Buick Parts book and locate the parts number for your engine so they get the right one for you.