Local Yard - Fair Game

Today I was at U-Pick-Parts off of Penrose in Sun Valley. They have a Blue '69 LeSaber there, minus engine, good trim and even the rear quarter emblems. There is also a '71 Rivera (gold/tan) with full trim and engine (minus carb and dist which I nabbed).<P>I thought this might help anyone lookin for those parts. Happy Hunting!<P>Scott

No, that's Pick-A-Part next to Memory Lane. Exiting I-5 on Penrose, turn Left towards the railroad tracks, follow it down about a mile oro so where there's a 4 way stop sign, vear right striaght into the yard parking lot. Same admittion fee, but parts seem to be cheaper. Paid 37 (29 before core) for full Q-Jet and what appears to be a new distrib. What blows about 'yards is they charge you a core fee.. I mean, gimme a break.. If anyone heads down there and the fuel line from the pumb to carb is still there, I'll buy it from ya. Got to excited and forgot that and a '77 Impala headlight switch. DOH!!!<P>Scott<BR>(btw, directions are comming South on I-5)

Guest oldtimer

i have to go farther north, i've been going to wilmington (2 pick-a-parts and 1 ecology about 5 minutes from each other). i remember when i could get q-jets for $15 and they were all over the place. on a sad note, a few years ago i went to all the ecology centers in southern california (had some vactation time and no life). turns out the ones in the inland empire had older cars there.<p>[ 05-12-2002: Message edited by: oldtimer ]

Inland Empire eh? Never been down that way unless I did so unknowningly. heh... Yea, Q-Jets are a tough find as is most everything else for pre '75 cars, tho once you hit '72, have fun praying for 'a car' to be there at all. (sigh) $15 for a carb is good deal, the ticket says $16.95 + $5 core charge. Distrib wss $8.95 w/ $3 core. I'll continue saying "WTF's with the stupid core charge, it's a junkyark for cr@p sake!". (but i digress).. Would you happen to know the names of the places in Inland Empire? Maybe a nice lil venture for next weekend.<P>Tom: No prob.. Don't think you'd find much you could use, but hey, why not, right? :-) The seats, headliner are all hoses, including part of the brake system, tho the calipers are still there I think. heh<P>I just got back from looking again at it, and trying to get that fuel pipe without anyluck. It's got good glass all round, even the rear window looked good. The rear end is still there and untouched (which is amazing). It's almost like nobody knows what a Rivera is or has... lol<P>If anyone does head up/down there, if ya could, pull that pipe for me and I'll buy it from ya.<P>I didn't relook at the '69 LeSabre but from what I remember, the trim and glass (minus windshiled) was there, seats were good (blue bench), missing motor tho, umm body panels were nice too. I believe the bumbers were taken tho, but the Rivera has a nice rear bumber but dented front bumper.<P>That's bout all I can remember off hand..<P>The Sabre's sittin in a middle row by the yellow arch thing, the Rivs at the next to last row.<P>Cheers!<P>Scott<BR>(subliminal message: don't forget the pump to carb pipe) :-)

Guest oldtimer

sad to say that most of the yards probably don't have older the the 80's in them now. the last time i went was last summer (to wilington) and they had 3 70-72 riviera's, but they were beeeat. 2 did have the 455 in them. i know its not original but try to make the fuel line, all you need is a couple pieces of tubing (in case you mess on up), a good bender and a black marker. oh yea the buick show is in pasadena this sunday (they have a few people selling used stuff).

Thanks oldtimer, I'm gonna try to at least show up at the Pasadena show, even if I don't enter my car.. They don't charge to just just look and browse do they? :-/<P>I'll be driving a (probably still dirty) '71 Silverfern Green Custom w/ White top. If there's more then one, you can always single me out by my non-conformist tire choice. lol<P>Scott

i could use a left front fender and a rear bumper if the price is right. I wouldn't mind having a extra set of heads to pocket port, gasket match, and fit with bigger valves.<P>Anyone know what these parts generally go for in junkyards?

Tom, You'd get your wish at UPP (minus the rear bumper tho).. I'd bring around $250 or so.. I doubt they'd cost that much but you never know until you get to the cashier. frown.gif" border="0<P>They do take CC's so even without enough cash, you can still pay if ya have plastic.<P>Sorry I couldn't help ya figure wise, my method is always keep a couple bills in the wallet just incase..<P>Scott

Guest COMPACTBC

The best old car parts yard I have found out in the Inland Empire is the Pick A Part at 2025 So. Miliken Ave. Ontario, Ca. It is just off of I-15, I think the off ramp is Juropa or something like that. The don't crush the OLD cars until they are well picked over and they keep all the older cars in one area. smile.gif" border="0