49 76C paint and trim codes

KIWI 49R

Hello everyone,I`ve just purchased a 49 Convertible that needs a lot of attention.Does anyone know what colours are a 75 T trim code and a 5 K paint code are?The body No is G 896 which seams a low number to me, is it? I also need a set of rear fender skirts for the car, the car is fairly complete apart from those.Look forward to hearing from you guys.<BR>Chris. smile.gif" border="0

Hi Chris- There were 8095 1949 76C's built by Buick, and an additional 149 76CX built for export. Trim code 75 meant blue leather. Paint code 5 meant Elan Blue. Code "T" probably means a tan convertible top, code "K" may mean a flexible steering wheel, even though a flexible wheel was standard on this model. The "G" in your body number means a Flint built body. Making the assumption that your car was also built in Flint (we don't know that unless we have the frame number from the vehicle as Flint built convertible bodies were shipped all over the country to other assembly plants) its computed date of production is Monday, January 24, 1949. Terry Dunham

There were also some mid-year colors introduced. Further, in June/July when the 76R was introduced, Buick put the sweep spear moldings onto the Roadmaster convertible as well. A sweepspear '49 Roadmaster convertible is extremely desirable today. Of course so is the Riviera hardtop.