service manual needed and a question...

Guys,<BR>I'd love to find a service manual for my '66 Lark. I DO have the Fisher body manual but the balance would be ducky. If anyone has one for sale let me know. (Yep, I'm watching ebay).<BR>In the interim, here's a query.<BR>The transmission has a two wire connector on the left side up toward the front. I've now found out (thanks to you all) what that connector IS.<BR>What I don't know is how to hook it up. Can someone (YellowLark :-)) tell me which wire goes where. I could use color but I can also do it with a multimeter if needed.<BR>And I thank you for your support...<P>Jim

Well, I'm not at home right now to refer to a manual, but i'll take a shot at it.<P>There are two switches that actuate the shift down (detente) and the switch-pitch.<P>The primary one is a long plunger mechanism that attaches to the carb throttle on the driver's side. The other is a microswitch that sits on the rear top of the accelerator rod where it adjusts and does a sharp downward angle at the nearest point to the firewall.<P>The plunger switch determines the downshift and also the switch-pitch during higher speeds. The rear microswitch senses when the car is at idle and switches the converter vanes to take the load off the engine.<P>The microswitch's wiring loops into the plunger's wiring, just gives it another "on" condition. <P>One of the plunger's terminals is a hot lead, one is for the detente and another for the switch-pitch. I need the manual to see which terminal is on top, etc. But, you should check to make sure that you have both switches, and if the black and white wires are there, then that's how you connect them.

YL,<BR>Once again you come through and I thank you.<BR>Problem is I didn't make myself clear enough.<BR>(BTW, I ordered a manual from Irv, thanks for the tip there guys).<BR>I have all the connections in the engine compartment the way they should be, I think.<BR>The wire that's cut/broken is the set that connects to the trans itself.<BR>THAT'S where I need the help. :-)<P>TIA, again,<P>Jim