My day at the salvage yard

Yes you did get a great deal on the price on those wheels, but for your sake I hope you checked the bolt pattern. Most '83-'84 Le Sabres have 4 3/4 inch bolt pattern as opposed to the 5 inch bolt pattern used on your '73 225. 5 inch bolt pattern was an option on the '83-'84 LeSabres though not too common. Good luck.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! I don't believe I did that! Yes, those rims are 4.75". How come noone has ever mentioned this little piece of info before? I've been reading this forum religiously since May, and not once have I ever read that they changed the bolt pattern in the 80's. It always seemed to be implied that anything after '71 would work. So, could someone inform me on exactly what years and models this style wheel will fit. I figure I can still clean them up and sell them on ebay for at least triple what I paid.

They will fit '64-'72 Skylarks and GS's. They were also used on Regals and other Buicks in the late 70's to mid 80's. You are right about eBay. I have seen them sell for pretty good prices, especially the 15" wheels.<P>Good luck!<P>Ron*<P>------------------<BR>'69 Skylark Convertible 350-4

Well, I went to Harry's today(Allentown location) and left w/ some stuff. I took a power window motor out of an old Couple De'Ville, haven't tried it yet though. Also found a cruise servo out of a malibu that I am going to try and see if it will replace my broken one. And finally, I found ROAD WHEELS!!! I managed to take four of them that are in pretty decent shape. Only very slight surface rust in some areas. Also got 4 center caps, 2 w/ and 2 w/o the buick inserts. The wheels came off of two lesabres, '83,'84 era. They still have some left for anyone near Allentown. Under one of the lesabres was a T-Type wheel in excellent condition for the taking. The guy was real nice,too and only charged me for two tires even though all four rims had tires on them. Final cost for rims=$42. Not bad huh.

The Harry's in Allentown, on on Plymouth Street, off of Union Blvd. If you are coming from the Bethlemhem direction, you'll pass the A-Treat building first, then make a right onto Plymouth. It all the way down on the end. Its a lot smaller than Hazelton.The GM section was mostly 80's w/ some 70's here and there.