Founders Tour

Ccar

Hi all,<P>Reporting from the 2002 Founders Tour centered around Middleton Wisconsin. Second day complete with 132 participants enjoying the country roads in and around the area. A little rain on Monday, didn't dampen the spirit and we had a good time in Janesville. A couple of old houses, a wagon factory and the GMC plant. I was told a few Chevrolets are built there too. <P>Today, visited Baraboo Wi and Circus World, RR museum, some artsee stuff and a winery. Loved the back roads we are routed on. Little it any traffic. Great weather today, hot and breezy. <P>Wish everyone could be here to enjoy the tour, participants and the cars. <P>Chuck

Hello, Chuck. Glad you folks are having a good time. Stay out there for awhile until the 98 degree weather with high humidity clears out. Heat indexes over 100.<P>See you at the Hagley Museum.<P>Regards, Peter J. cool.gif" border="0

Another hot one in Southern Wisconsin. (92 on one temp guage, 97 on the other. But, we are having fun wink.gif" border="0 Jos Huber brewery makes everything better when the going is hot. More beautiful roads, a great corn boil (midwesterners will know what that is.) and more cold beer this evening. Also, the Buzzys met tonight. Typical meeting, about 3 minutes!! cool.gif" border="0 Big Bird will be proud. <P>Chuck

Thank you, guys. The fact it is hot everywhere gives me relief that we are all in the same boat.<P>John, how are you? The Mt. Joy Foundry registered 121 degrees in the melt area yesterday. My hat is off to these folks. They show up daily.<P>Regards, Peter J. wink.gif" border="0

Home again, home again!! Four PM Sunday. The big Lincoln developed a water pump leak somewhere west of Morgantown, W.Va. but we came on in without even adding water!! The Tour was great. We passed the '55-56 pink Thunderbird somewhere in Indiana yesterday and again at Hagerstown, Md. this afternoon. He musta run late and left early. We stayed in Columbus, OH. Everything about the Founders Tour was great. What did we like best? Well, if we have to pick, the circus performance was simply terrific. Guess who had never been to a circus before? Yep, me. Can't wait until next time. <P>Thanks a million to the Wisconsin Region, and Sharon Weikert, Chairlady, and all her helpers.