Great American Race

Guest boettger

Guest boettger

Quick Update on "Ole 97" AACA Museum Entry for 2002 Great American Race.<P>The car is all set to go!<BR>Check out the NBC Today Show on Thursday Morning (June 6, 2002) "Ole 97" Elliott Reitz', AACA American Pride Entry will be on the show along with Jim and Louise Feeney's #33 1936 Ford Police Car. There will be several other entries also on the show.<BR>I'll be there with Elliott.<P>Pretty exciting. My understanding is that there will be a mock start of the race on the street in front of the Studio at Rockefeller Center.<P>We'll be taking off for the trek from Binghamton, New York to San Antonio, Texas over the weekend.<P>I'll be updating the Iroauois Region web site with pictures and info during the race.<P>The URL for the site is<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/iroquois" TARGET=_blank>Iroquois Region, AACA Great Race Info</A><BR>Follow the menu selection to the Great Race.<P>Look for us along the Race Route. AACA Museum entry #97 and the Feeney Entry #33.<P>Hope to see some of you along the race route.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, I wish I would have read this before going downtown. I would have looked for you.<P>I just returned from Downtown where the cars came in for the night. It was GREAT.<BR>All the cars going down the street in the middle of Houston. I saw cars I had NEVER seen or heard of before.<BR>There was a LaFrance Fire Chiefs car with chain drive, a car from the Chzeck repuplic (v8 rear engined) lots of Flathead fords (prepared by Rouche Racing), the Buicks you metioned with 322 Roadmaster engines and Open Pipes, Mercedes, a Pierce Arrow, old Pickup trucks, Model A's & T's and on and on.<P>I even saw the Police car Steve talks about. If you have a chance to see this, by all means take the oppertunity. It is well worth it.