New project-------1955 66C

progoofoff

• 1 month later...

Here you go, Al.

Some progress has been made along with other activities going on plus me being lazy.

It`s back in my shop and will return it to the restoration shop to install the hood and fenders , later.

We took a quick trip around the garage to check the mechanics. All seemed OK.

I`m fortunate in having very good part time help with it. Carl, who I call a modern day gypsy, is also my upholstery guy. He lives and works out of a school bus.

He did the `54 Landau, `55 Concept and `55 Station Wagon. If you have seen any of these cars, you have seen how good he is.

Bob

post-30661-143139096767_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143139096772_thumb.jpg

Edited by progoofoff (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Still waiting on the embossed material for the door and quarter panels.

Dealing with SMS, you learn patience.

Patience is a virtue especially when restoring a car, but not any car. This one is a Buick.

Bob, did you use the same restoration shop as with the 1955 - Buick series 68 - Motorama Prototype?

The Buick is looking good Bob, I'm sure your proud of it.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

Hey, not so hard on SMS! When I walked in there last month, unannounced, they pulled my cloth and seat vinyl right off the shelf. Mind you, I got the last of the cloth and the patterned door panel vinyl has not yet been reproduced. When I asked owner Doug Pollock when they'd get around to it, he smiled and said that every new pattern is high priority but they have to keep filling orders, too. For every request for one-year, one-model, one-colour Buick fabric, they'll have ten orders for seats for a 1966 Ford pickup truck, as a random example.

While we were talking, he was handed a new request for - you guessed it - '66 Ford truck vinyl. I am a very patient guy and will be happy to receive the special material I need anytime in the next 20 years or so. Might even have the car running again by then.

• 1 month later...

Rob....

Hey, not so hard on SMS!

I`m not being hard on anyone. I`ve dealt with SMS for a long time and know they aren`t in as big a hurry as I am.

AL...

Got the Century emblems, thanks to 38Buick.

SMS still owes me the embossed mylar for the top for the door and quarter panels.

Carpet is installed and seats are finished but not installed.

Bob

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...