HELP !!! Just got this N.O.S. Fender .. anyone know what it is ?

DE SOTO

I have never seen a early 30s type rear fender that has the line of fender bolts right in the center, all the way down to the tail.

Could it be for a woody wagon?

And no taillamp mounting holes, so you may be correct about the woody idea.

I do not know either, but maybe the holes are for mounting a chrome trim strip or other decoration. If so, then it is likely for a more expensive car.

I thought the same exact thing...a long fancy diecast taillight base...but, the thing that says not, is that the holes are oval, just like the fender bolt holes. I thought it would be unnecessary for oval(adjustable) holes for a taillight stand?

I keep thinking it might not be a woody, because I doubt a woody has body sides that could possibly go that far down? Has anyone seen a wood body that went all the way down like that?

That Cadillac Sweeps back a bit More .... I would lean to the Woody or Panel of some sort.

I browsed some Woody pics & saw one that the body came way down & under but the Fender didnt match Mine.

I had a Member Here contact Me and want to buy it ..... But he wouldnt tell me what it is, Kinda Dissappeared when & asked what it fit.

drwatson should get a finders fee from DE SOTO :) ...I think he nailed it. Look at the detail at the running board mount also, it looks like a match?

If it is for those very rare early suburbans, it must have a very good value in that condition, as most originals would be smashed as work trucks.

We figured it to be GM also ... Just WHAT GM we had no idea.

Knowing what it is & that its for such a Rare truck Is Great ... Only thing is when things are this rare its a Very hard Sell.

And sometimes no one will pay RARE Price for them ....

Maybe DRWATSON can message me his address info & we'll see what it brings & IF I can get a goood price I can get him a few Bucks on top !

DE SOTO, Thank you for the generous offer but if you sell it on ebay they'll be taking the bonus.:rolleyes:

I tried looking for your fender part # but see there are two numbers to think about. The good news is it was used three years: 1934, 35 36. I attached a list highlighting 373269 for 1/2 ton like the CarryAll and 373293 for 1-1/2 Ton. Parts book says: "attaching holes at center". If yours has all holes in a straight ctr line, maybe it's for 1-1/2 Ton. (less rare?). Thanks again on offer, Jim

post-44716-143141794275_thumb.jpg

post-44716-143141794279_thumb.jpg