1938 Chrysler C19 Imperial Convertible Coupe Parts Needed

I am looking for the following parts for a 1938 Chrysler Imperial convertible coupe (C19):

- Complete front seat assembly, including adjusters/slides, or very detailed photographs and dimensions of same from someone's car. The seat appears to be the same on 1937 and 1938 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler convertible coupes, possibly 1939 Plymouth convertible coupe as well. My car is missing the entire front seat assembly, so any leads or information would be appreciated;

- Rumble seat bottom cushion assembly (or detailed dimensions and photos as mine is missing); (same possible donor cars as above). I had a reproduction made, but if an original pops up, I am interested.

- Rumble seat interior panel patterns; (same possible donor cars as above)

- Coupe or convertible Left Side stainless steel door and rear body trim (I am missing the rear body piece from the door to the tail along the quarter panel, as well as the door). Chrysler C18 Royal or C19 Imperial coupe or convertible coupe trim works;

- Running Board stainless trim, top strips and side molding (any 1938 Chrysler Imperial C19 trim should fit);

- Convertible coupe door sill plate (good sample, pattern, dimensioned sketch and detailed photos, or whatever I can use to get new ones made - mine are missing).

- Horn button/horn ring springs and washers and contact plates for the optional banjo/chrome spoke steering wheel (same wheel as Dodge/Desoto/Chrysler) (I believe that the springs and contacts are the same as the regular steering wheel - I would be interested in a complete standard steering wheel assembly if need be);

- Passenger door window regulator assembly, including window channels, window frame, etc (or a complete door) same on 1937 and 1938 Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, and '37-'39 Plymouth convertible coupes with one piece glass (no vent window).

- Windshield wiper arms, blades and blade guide rods that attach to windshield frame bracket, or detailed photos and measurements of same (all 1937-1938 convertibles are the same).

- Interior sun visors and rods/mounts.  Found a set... unfortunately, I still need a mounting bracket for the driver's side, as well as a pattern or dimensions for the visors themselves. 

- Pattern of the windshield header trim panel (where sun visors mount) or detailed photos of what it looks like.

Please send me a private message with any leads or details, or reply directly to this thread.

Thanks

Edited by RSayak
Revised List (see edit history)

I am looking for the following parts for my 1938 Chrysler Imperial convertible coupe:

- Useable front seat assembly, or detailed photographs and dimensions from someone's car. The seat would likely be the same on 1937 and 1938 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler. My car is missing the entire front seat, so any leads or information would be appreciated;

- Rumble seat bottom cushion assembly (or detailed dimensions and photos as mine is missing);

- Top-of-the-headlight trim strips;

- Front fender chevrons;

- Coupe or convertible stainless rear body trim (I am missing the right rear piece from the door to the tail along the quarter panel). C18 Royal or C19 Imperial coupe trim works;

- Running Board stainless trim (any C19 trim should fit);

- Banjo steering wheel horn button and horn ring (Imperial) (or I would be interested in a complete steering wheel);

- Passenger door window regulator assembly (or a complete passenger door)

Rej

i have a new horn button c\w wiring for sale call george 406-5432591

• 2 weeks later...

I've revised my list above. Many of the parts or information that I need can also come from Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler convertible coupes. I'm convinced that I will have to have new seat frames made.

• 2 weeks later...

In central Minnesota are two of the nations largest junk yards. I'll give you links to both, but I think that it's the first one that I recall having a '37 or '38 Imperial coupe. There's somebody back east that custom makes metal rumble seat frames to spec. I don't know where I know that from, but I'll continue to ponder it.

Welcome to French Lake Auto Parts - French Lake, MN

Windy Hill Auto Parts | Home

I've been to both French Lake and Windy Hills, but that was over 15 years ago. There wasn't much there for the Imperial at the time I went. I will look into it to see if they've added to the yards since that time. Thanks for the links! I might have to go for a weekend trip!

RSayak said:
I've been to both French Lake and Windy Hills, but that was over 15 years ago. There wasn't much there for the Imperial at the time I went. I will look into it to see if they've added to the yards since that time. Thanks for the links! I might have to go for a weekend trip!

The funny thing about both of those yards is that they are always adding more old cars. It surprises me, but I suspect that in many cases guys finally give up on life long projects and want them gone quickly. It's sad to see old cars parted out, but maybe in the long run they serve a greater purpose that way.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

You can get your doorsills from a company called "Doorsills."  They are in New Jersey and you can pick them up at Hershey or have them shipped. They are always almost a year behind in production, but their product is beautiful. I  have bought many sets from them including for my 38 New York Special. Their phone number is 973-423-1196. I just checked their inventory and they do not list a coupe for 38, but I would call them anyway. They may be able to make one if they have the dimensions. I'm sure the checked pattern would be the same as for the sedans, just the length would be different.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...