Fun with old cars

JohnD1956

Had a short chuckle today, and I'd like to share it. I was at my local home improvement big box store ( read Lowes) and asked for help loading three 4x10 , and two 4x8 sheets of 1/2 " sheetrock. The young fellows were very agreeable. And after paying they began to push the cart towards the door when I said: wait a minute, I'll get my car. One said "Car?!?!" with skepticism in his voice. I said, sure, I have a Honda, don't you think it will fit? The other kid says , A (Expletive Deleted) Honda?

Of course I just laughed as I drove up:

tn_img_3917.jpg

John, Out here in the wilds of western New York I get the same reaction picking up my Christmas tree in my 8 foot truck box.

A friend of mine who thinks all truck should have 6 foot boxes asked me if they made a military truck with a 6 foot box. I told him I doubted it. How could you fight a war if you couldn't even carry an 8 foot ladder?

Bernie

LOL! Especially the _____ Honda comment!

Good 'ole USA American station wagons! Luxury, style, utility . . . and NOT on a truck chassis (and all that might mean). If they took on over that newer wagon, how you expect they might have reacted if you'd pulled up in a GM wagon with the electric clamshell rear "gates"??? Jaws on the ground? hehe

Great job, John!

NTX5467

A clamshell tailgate would have been even more fun. It's on my short list of future Buicks. Even have one in mind but I guess I'll have to wait till it's been inherited. Matter of fact, I think I'll check on that this coming week. I think I owe myself a birthday present.

Guest BigDogDaddy

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I picked up a cold keg of beer from a local bar to bring to a 4th of July party. I brought my '40 Buick to pick up the keg, and the bar owner brought it out to the parking lot. We put a large plastic tub full of ice in the trunk, and then STOOD the keg up inside the tub in the trunk then closed the lid. The owner was shocked it stood straight up in the trunk. He said, I've never seen anyone stand a keg up inside the trunk before. I'd bet not too may cars could do that !