Interchangable Parts from a 90 Riv to a 90 Reatta

ossenfort

Guest alex_houston

Best I can tell total engine & trans, front suspension, radiator & condensor. All electronics except ecm prom. Total dash and center console and steering column. Fuel tank and sender unit.

Wheel hubs fit except if Riviera doesn't have ABS, it will not have the correct "gears" mounted on the hub and the Reatta ABS will not work. Exhaust system can be cut down to fit.

So far I haven't found anything else in the rear suspension the same. I do wonder though if the Riviera assy(air levelors/struts) can't be fit onto a Reatta.

I have not found any body parts that fit except I do have a complete Riviera front clip modified to fit on my Reatta. Wasn't too hard to do.

About 70% of the parts are the same.

When the Reatta was approved, the mandate was it must use 70% or more Riviera parts.

So what interchanges... that's tricky because GM was counting base numbers, Example, the seat frames are the same but the uphoster pattern is different. The instrument bezel is the same but the finish is different.

As Alex noted, engine, suspension, electronics and related parts are the same. A Riviera parts car will yeild you a good supply of parts.

But.....not a single pane of glass, or sheet metal is the same.

Guest steakneggs

Snatch that master cylinder and booster. Be sure to get the check valve and the hose. And cut the lines saving the nipples. I figured out a way for those who don't want to disturb the prop valve to use this unit as a conversion. To get to the right booster nuts, you must remove the gas pedal bracket which allows you to move the CPS box out of the way (at least it is this way on the Reatta). Steak