Airstream 35

Andersson

Good luck. I have two 36 Chrysler Airstreams.

In the last 18 years I have only seen a hand full

of couples, none conv.. the 35 model is more

rare.

Any parts you need are going to be hard to

find. Only if they fit the 4 dr car are you

going to find anything at all. You need to be

creative aand fabricate things, as required.

Please don't give up, and don't hot rod it.

Yes i no its verry hard but, i got some luck, i have found an NOS grilleshell and left frontfender. The guy how sold them to me had 2 more frontfenders to trade, one left chrysler 36 and one dodge or desoto i think, NOS ofcourse.

I need some parts for my car but there some things how even fits other bodies, like rims, instrument and other things on dashboard, headlamps, some trim for the grill and hoodside,whipermotor and whiperarm/blade. Ieven need left taillampfoot to an CZ.

I rebuilt my car in original but my taillamp was missing when i was stumbeling one a pair of CZtaillamps, i think they are more rare than c6 tailligts, but the foot one the left one is missing, i whant trumpethorn too.

I can trade my old little rusty left frontfender and my old grilleshell even that one little bit rusty, i have an hoodornament whit broken wing too.

Corny? Nowerelse even nobody wants the frontfenders??

I saw on another forum an for me new car, now i now 3 c6 convertibles one in norwegian one in usa and my car in sweden.

In direktionorders there is no c6 convertibles made in 1935 but my car and the car in nowegian are diffrent and there ar C6. My car has sparetyres in frontfenders and trunk/boxholder(?) behind the rumbleseat. The car in norwegian only got an sparetyre in back. My car even got an banjosteringwheel and that havent i sen in the partlist?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great to find there are other 1935 Airsteam owners out there. I have had several antique cars over the years and purchased the Chrysler rumble seat coupe last year. I purchased an original sales brochure from McLellans Automotive (http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/sales-lit/bymake/chrysler/index.shtml) last month which shows all the body styles (exept covertables ) and the acsessories available. There appear to be some differences between the U.S. and Canadian (produced in Windsor Ontario ) models. The Canadian model has an all brown steering wheel unlike the U.S. wheel with the white horn button. My tail lamps ( if they are original to the car ) are similar to the Plymouth and Dodge and not the torpedo bullets on the U.S. car. In the brochure there is a fairly clear black and whit photo of the dashboard wood grianing but I would love to see a colour picture of an original if one exists

Thanks for the photo but it's not a 35 Airsteam with that split windshield (Airflow maybe) and not an original woodgrain finish. I suspect an amateur attempt like the one on my dash. I'v been told the originals were a photographic paper transfer that was protected by a clear coat finish.

Cheers/Mark

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

The attached photo is of a 1935 Chrysler Airflow Imperial model C2 Dashboard

Regards

John Spinks

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest ModernMopar

I realize this thread is pretty old now, but for reference this is a 35 Airstream dash. I don't believe it's been altered.....

post-79421-143139242331_thumb.jpg