Royal Maroon

Guest sconnors

Guest sconnors

Hi guys

I'm going to be painting my car this year and am considering painting it the 1950 Buick color Royal Maroon. I'm wondering if anyone has a car that color and if so, can you send me a pic or post one here. My current color is a maroon with some metal flake but I want to get it back to an original 1950 color. According to the color chart at Color Chip Selection the color is DAL-50125-DQE

ROYAL MAROON NO. 2 POLY. So I'm looking for pics if anyone has them please post them here or drop me an email at scottpconnors@yahoo.com

Thanks

Scott

before I bought all my 47 buick paint I ordered pints of both calvert blue and I think Hawaii blue both being 47 Buick colors. I sprayed a part of a door with both and asked for family and friend opinions. I got pleanty of opinion then went with what I prefered. It is a good way of actually seeing what the color lookes like.

I went with the Hawaii blue and it is coming along nicely. It takes a lot of paint to do a 47 Roadmaster convertible. I bought 2 gallons of base coat and it looks like when I am all done painting I won't have to much left over. I wouls like to post a few pictures of the car but I can't seem to get this computer to load pictures on this forum. Wish I could .

Royal maroon is a very pretty color and I am sure Sconners will like his 50 Buick done in it. PPG paints have a big library of paint color formulars the dealers can access. Royal Maroon is a popular Buick color and I am sure PPG can mix it