Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introductions

Sr (grey-haired) Member Rob McDonald's Avatar

Re: Introductions

JOE, so your interior is more of an ivory colour - must be very light and airy feeling inside, unusual for cars of that time. Totally understandable that you want to preserve these rare materials by keeping them covered. Maybe someday, when the car is up and running again, you could get a zipper sewn into one of the covers, so that you can show off the original upholstery.

As I said, I love those Chrysler sedans and that shade of green is a perfect contrast to all that lovely wood. Yup, you've got pretty much what I'd like to be my last old car.

I see you've got a big Traveller roof rack, too. Did T&C sedans ever get the fold-down rear seat back that Chrysler and DeSoto Travellers had, opening into the trunk?
    Rob McDonald
    1957 Buick Roadmaster model 73A, owned since February 1973
    1962 Valiant Signet
    1967 Valiant 100, daily driver

Rob,
    I recently looked into the interior color thing and the Chrysler records showed that the interior in mine is a special order color/material. The Saran became a problem because it separated from the seat bolsters so Chrysler backed off of putting it in the cars as standard material. But obviously it could be ordered with it, too.
    Your zipper idea sounds like a good one but seeing as to how much time and effort I spent "hog-ringing" these covers on and getting them "right", I have no intentions of removing them.
    I am not so sure about the 41-42 T & C sedans, but I know that the 46-48's did not have the fold down rear seats.
    I know exactly what you are talking about as I had a 47 DeSoto Suburban sedan, a 49 DeSoto Suburban sedan (one of 129) and a 51 DeSoto CarryAll sedan. They both had the rear fold down seats. I have always regretted selling the 47 Suburban.
    As far as me having what you want as your last car I have tossed around the thought of selling it now and then. I get really frustrated at times because I just cannot seem to find the time to finish it.

Joe

Dear Members,

My name is Mike Byrne and I have been on the Board of Directors for the NWC since 2008.

I would like to thank Jeff Yeagle for the outstanding job he has done setting up this page with the AACA.

Thanks,

Mike

Note: Join the National Woodie Club. There is a link on the NWC's web page.

MIKE, welcome to this fairly new forum. I'm so glad that folks like you have kept NWC alive and well.
    Rob McDonald
    1962 Valiant Signet

Hi..!

I have been trying to research my NEW to me 54 Tin Woody - Betsy <3 and came across this forum. I decided to join because you all look like you have allot of know about Woodies and the like..

Betsy is my 10 year wedding anniversary pressy.. She is currently on the other side of the Province to me and we hope to have her home by the end of the month.. I am located in Canada.

Hubby intends on getting her rolling for me by summer as I am currently under snow, before then I would like to know as much as I can so when questions are asked of me I can answer them.. I have allot of questions..

BMB, happy to see your beautiful face here! Please tell us more about your Tin Woodie - Ford, Chev, Willys? Although the name suggests real wood only, the National Woodie Club has always celebrated steel-bodied station wagons, especially those with fake wood. After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    Rob McDonald
    1962 Valiant Signet

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McDonald View Post
    BMB, happy to see your beautiful face here! Please tell us more about your Tin Woodie - Ford, Chev, Willys? Although the name suggests real wood only, the National Woodie Club has always celebrated steel-bodied station wagons, especially those with fake wood. After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    Thanks for your quick reply..!

I also started a new thread as I was not sure how to go about all of this.

There is a pic posted on that thread too.

She is a Chevy and my research has proven I am in a bit over my head and so I would like all the details so I can sort this out

I currently have only seen her in a picture. We are a VW family and I have wanted a wagon for some time.

The right price point landed me with Betsy so now I have some learning to do.

The sale as for Betsy has her listed as a 54 Chevy Tin woody yet for all I know until I get the VIN She could be something else.

My first real question is did Tin woodies have any wood interior..?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi, My name is Jermaine and I am a NWC member I own a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan Country Club.
    Link to my pics.
    1947ChevroletFleetlineBuild

Introduction...
    I'd like to introduce myself to the Group...Carl Sorenson,we live in the Mtns of SoCal,Lake Arrowhead...Growing up in SoCal it was cool to own a Woodie..In 1964 I bought my first one ...A 1939 Ford,all the doors were screwed shut and you climbed in through the window or rear tailgate..Cost ? $10.00 and my Ten speed bike...what a deal ..Had 46 drive anywhere,$350.00..46 Merc.$100.00 bucks...1947 Merc. that I "Re-Stored" from the last guy that "Stored It"....10 years ago I bought a 1920 Model T Depot Hack (which is For Sale) that I drive all over the Mountains where we live...With that car we took home the "Oldest Woodie Trophy" at Wavecrest 2012....New to the Stable is our 1948 Ford Super Deluxe Station....She's waiting for the roads to be free of ice n snow so we can go for a ride....Joined the NWC in the early 80s and re-upped this year with my old number.....See you on the Road or at a Woodie Gathering...Carl,Jacque,&Penny (the dog)

Introduction...
    Hi, my name is Scott, AKA Jerseyboy on some other forums. I inherited a 32 Woody that my parents bought when I was four. So far it has been a work in progress. I'm trying to get it done so I can take my dad in it before he is too old! I am an NWC member and have been enjoying the Woody Times, and hope this new forum is better attended than the last.

Thanks for all your efforts Jeff!

My first real question is did Tin woodies have any wood interior..?
    I am not sure about your 54 Chevy "Tin Woodie's" interior having any wood.
    I have enjoyed and owned several of the 1948 and older, full wood bodied Woodies, which obviously have a full wood interior. In the last few years I have enjoyed and owned some 1950-53 Buicks, which my friend Jenny calls "Waistcoat Woodies"!!
    They have almost no wood inside except the rear upper & lower tailgates, which are totally wood, and some minor trim along the headliner sides.
    I suspect the early tin woodies, meaning 1949-50, had some interior wood, but by 54, I would think it would be replaced with vinyl.
    Anybody else???

Images

it is great to see more and more new members joining in.

Loving the hotrod T hack... and I have always wanted to own a fleetline with the wood kit.

Aristech, yours is beautiful.. what So Cal club are you running with (Dukes, Oldies or maybe a different one??? that specialize in restored bombs..)

Hi Woody Gang,
    I am looking for a 1950/51 Chev tin woody project car. I have a 1950 model now - body and frame. I am looking for a roller; drive train not needed. I am looking for a car with ALL or most interior in it including the THREE bench seats. Are there any out there anyone knows of?
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
    Alan. (430)360-2904

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information