Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mercer Series 6 Six Cylinder Question

Re: Mercer Series 6 Six Cylinder Question

As a matter of fact, I am in need of that pump, please PM me with your contact information. thanks.

Eric

The series 6 carried a new 3/4 floating axle configuration as listed in mercer-ganda appearing in several 1922 magazines. 3.77:1 was the ratio for open cars/ 4.08:1 for closed cars. Digital copies have been sent to your e-mail.

Hagley Digital Archives Compound Object Viewer

on the off chance you hadn't seen this ^ yet... the bottom of page 18 may be particularly telling when you consider that yours has the latest serial number on the roster. (barring the 1931 cars)

Interesting. Well they were certainly correct.

Here is the Boyle raceabout as it now starts back together
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0622.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	126023  

Wow, looking nice so far! That rear axle is strikingly similar to the S5, had to look very closely to note the brake setup is S6.

Not sure if there is any interest, but here is Boyle car progress report. Still expect car to be ready to drive the 1500 mile Pebble Beach Motoring Classic from Seattle to Pebble in early August.

Chassis is pretty much done. Most body work done and being painted. Will start engine assembly soon. Beautiful new rods and pistons cut by firm in Nevada that builds NASCAR engines and John Force dragsters. Now that design work done will make available to any other series six owners. Shop is very reasonable, and design work I paid for is free to you.

Need help with correct replacement cowl (body) tag. Looking to buy a couple of hides of black leather with proper graining.

Would attach photos, but they seem to exceed size limits for the forum. Tell me what to do and I will attach those.

oh very interested, don't worry! Great to hear it is coming along, and love the idea of doing the Pebble tour. Please post photos. Easiest method is to open an account on Flickr or photobucket, upload them there, then paste the link to your forum post. They make it pretty simple. Otherwise you have to get into reducing file sizes etc.

Leif Drexler just did my interior in consultation with Fred Hoch using an original interior set for guidance. It looks fantastic, and got a lot of approval from aaca judges who saw it at Leif's shop enroute to the the Elegance at Hershey. I discussed with Leif on Sunday at the Elegance and he said that he had enough leather made to do several other interiors. PM me if you don't have contact info. The original leather had a distinctive stamped grain and a painted finish vs. dye.
    On the lookout for Mercer Parts and Tools!

Interesting update on your saga: Last Mercer rolls to Pebble Beach | Old Cars Weekly

Any new photos to share? Your wife is indeed a good sport.

I am not good at attaching photos. They are too large. Anyone who wants a photo update
    send me an email (jcrow22006@aol.com). Engine has run about ten hours in stand and
    is now in car. With luck will test drive tomorrow. We don't own these cars but are really
    only temporary caretakers. I appreciate the help from everyone on this site. Maybe we saved
    another one.

Crowell Mercer is making terrific progress!

Are you talking about the Fred Hoch in south Jersey,,,,I live a few miles from his shop,,shaffer and long-----he has some cool cars ----- a Thomas Flyer-----------,,Leno is some times seen stopping there--bobnroman@yahoo.com--BR

Hi is the car available regards bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information