Thread: 27dodger0

27dodger0

Can anyone tell me if Chalmers ever had wire spoke wheels? I have a wire rim with tire and hub cap, and as near as I can tell from the cap logo, it appears to be the same symbol as their company logo. It is a 19 " rim, with a 4.75 X 19 Allstate tire. Any help appreciated! Chuck

Images

Re: 27dodger0

Most Chalmers had steel disk type rims, but I am sure that there were wire wheels available. Do you have a photo of the logo on the cap?
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wire wheels
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wood wheels (my 1st car and still have it)
    and visions of my past old cars....

keiser 31, thanks for your reply! I see you on the DBC forum a lot. I'll post the picture soon as I can get a picture of it. I'm sure there were many manufactures out there, and I may be off in left field as to this being Chalmers.

Images

Does the logo look like the letters "M" & "c" inside a large "C" or does it have an olde English "C"?
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wood wheels (my 1st car and still have it)

I'll try to load the pictures into this page, but never having done it before, it may not work. If not, I know I can send them to your e mail address, and then you may be able to.

Well , no luck! I can be reached at jaehaws@msn.com, and then with your address, I can send them. Chuck

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 27dodger0 View Post
    I'll try to load the pictures into this page, but never having done it before, it may not work. If not, I know I can send them to your e mail address, and then you may be able to.

Well , no luck! I can be reached at jaehaws@msn.com, and then with your address, I can send them. Chuck
    Tried that email address to no avail. If you can send photos to me, I am at keiser31@charter.net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1917 Speedster2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	68039Hi,
    Attached is a photo of the 1917 Chalmers Speedster 24" Houk wire wheel, showing the Chalmers hubcap.
    Chalmers introduced the disc wheel in 1921, and continued with Budd and Kelsey wheels through 1923, their last year of production.

Images

We figured out that the wheel is for a 1931 Chrysler CM6. Mystery solved.

Thread Information