Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HOW LONG HAS YOUR CAR BEEN SITTING?

Sr (grey-haired) Member Rob McDonald's Avatar

Re: HOW LONG HAS YOUR CAR BEEN SITTING?

My Toadsmasher will come back to the garage this weekend, after summer storage at a neighbour's. I've got to round up a half dozen burly types to push it three doors up the lane. 1:00pm Sunday, for those of you available. =>:^]
    Rob McDonald
    1957 Buick Roadmaster model 73A, owned since February 1973
    1962 Valiant Signet
    1967 Valiant 100, daily driver

Jerry, -14 in Nebraska already? Holy cow! I haven't had my '71 Lesabre out of the garage in a couple of months, actually maybe a little longer than that. So if it is half way decent tomorrow, I am going to get it out and give it a run.
    John_Maine
    BCA #35851

Metro Detroit - in the cold north michigan.

Rob, are you finally going to dust off the Craftsman tool kit and take wrench to said Buick? We will definitely need documentation on that, so get the camera crew out there for this historic event...that will need to be posted on this or a brand spanking new thread..maybe a tribute to Neil Young...Hey Hey My My..Old Roadmasters Never Die.
    Jim
    1957 Buick Riviera Estate Wagon - 49D -WIP (work in process)
    1957 Buick Special - Model 48 2dr Sedan (BCA Gold Senior)
    1969 Pymouth Road Runner 2dr HT- 440 4 Speed
    2005 Ford Mustang Convertible
    BCA #45059

Quote Originally Posted by smithbrother View Post
    I am HOME......no place like home, huh...

Weak dye was injected in an effort to lower the risk of kidney issues, something I didn't know. They had an operation room ready next door in case I needed open heart work, but thank the good Lord that didn't happen.

All 3-by passes, and 2-stints look as good as the day they were put in place. GREAT NEWS. The bad, isn't all that BAD, the fact that I tire easy is something that can't be fixed, doctor said this issue isn't a killer, I am trying a new drug that has helped many with this problem, so we will see. He laughed, and said, now you have an excuse, NOT to dig ditches, unload trucks, etc.

He went on to say, you know your body, and adjust, it isn't that hard to do.

Also he said my heart is pumping very near to normal, and said that is very good, so I'M HAPPY.

Thanks to you all for your comments/prayers.

Dale in Indy
    Great to hear that news Dale!

BTW: It is not usually the disease state that harms us as much as it is the Allopathic doctor's approach and their pharmaceutical treatment methods. I would advise you look into Natural Male Hormone replacement therapy and Chelation Therapy thru a D.O. or Homeopathic Physician. I did and have never needed looked back. These on-going therapies help rebuild and maintain the circulatory system naturally and treat the cause and not the symptoms.
    David - BCA # 45902 - 1957 Roadmaster 76A Coupe, 60K Survivor - RR & 731 and 1957 Roadmaster Model 75 4-door w/58K

..." Silly monkey Master, he continues to hold onto the fruit in the jar when the gardens outside are full with fruit - he should just let it go".. " I am pleased Grasshopper that you are wiser than the monkey "..." Oh I am much wiser Master" ..." I would hope you remain so, and know when it is time to let go of those things which no longer serve you but force you to serve them"

Mine has been up on jackstands with the front brakes disassembled for a month now. Next weekend is looking like it will be a good time to getting that finished up and the car hopefully getting back on the road.
    Brian Page
    1962 Electra 225
    BCA# 38111

Images

Put my '41 Roadmaster coupe away at my buddy's place for the winter last weekend (Nov. 3), so it's been sitting a week now, and will be undisturbed till late April, or May.
    It was a nice day, after a week and a half of rain, so I quite enjoyed the hour's drive out to the country place. Really hated to put it away this year, as this was the first time it was licensed in about 30 years.
    Can't wait for spring!
    Keith

How does 65 years sound? That's how long it's been since it was started and driven - here's the story:

Let's help get a Pre-War Buick back on the road and win this contest!
    I am restoring a 1922 Buick 6-cylinder Roadster (model 22-6-44) and have entered a contest sponsored by Liquid Wrench to try and win some $ to aid in its restoration.

All you have to do is click on the following link and then click the button "VOTE FOR THIS ENTRY" - it doesn't cost you a dime and it might help an old BUICK win this contest. Seems like most of the other entries are for late model pickups or later model Chevys. As far as I can tell I am the only pre-war car entered. I need my Buick Buddies to lend a hand and get Buela into first place!

https://www.brickfish.com/pages/phot...69255&scid=636&

I bought this car 30 years ago as a "future retirement project" and have had it stored in my barn since 1982; when I bought this barn fresh beauty it still had its Texas 1947 license plate on it and it has been stored in a barn and not started for 65 years. Last year I retired and have disassembled the car and am in the process of restoring it - the engine was frozen and after much effort I finally got it apart. The contest limits me to 700 words to describe my project and only one photo but those of you who have early Buicks know some of my difficulties in finding parts - according to the Buick Club of America there are only three 1922 6-cylinder Buick Roadsters left including mine! I have owned and restored Model A Fords for 40 years and have been spoiled by all the available parts and 1-800 parts dealers - I'm used to dialing 1-800-SENDITTOME and the parts arrive in a couple of days. That sure isn't the case with an early 20's Buick! I have been fortunate to locate three NOS fenders on my 10 trips to Hershey over the past 30 years in anticipation of restoring Buela; I have advertised several times looking for the passenger side rear fender on this forum and also in Hemmings to no avail.

The photos below reflect what Buela looked like when I bought her, the second photo is as she came apart, the third is with some of my grandkids "helping" me take it apart and lastly what it should look like when finished (however I'll go with blackwalls as original).

I would really appreciate your help in getting this PRE-WAR BUICK into first place!

Thanks for your participation!
    Fred
    Attached Thumbnails
    Life Member AACA
    42 year member Model A Ford Club of America
    Editor of The Restorer magazine, official publication of MAFCA 12 years
    42 year member Dallas Model A Ford Club
    21 year member Lone Star Model A Ford Club, Founder & First President
    Charter member Ford Model AA Truck Club
    Chairman 35th Model A Ford Texas Tour 1998 (state convention)
    Chairman 42nd Model A Ford Texas Tour 2005 (state convention)

If you aren't driving your antique car frequently, you might as well be collecting clocks!!!

Good luck, Fred!

Ok, I voted for it!. Been sitting longer than my 1952 Super convertible (50 years, my estimate) That is my retirement project. Best of luck to you. Am starting mine in late Dec./ early Jan w/floorboard/trunkpan replacement-Dave BCA#46470 1952 56C
    Last edited by retirednow; November 30th, 2012 at 10:58.

Dave:
    Thanks for your help - the contest permits you to vote once PER DAY from each iPhone, iPad, business computer, home computer, etc. until it ends Dec. 29. As the old saying goes, "VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN".
    Life Member AACA
    42 year member Model A Ford Club of America
    Editor of The Restorer magazine, official publication of MAFCA 12 years
    42 year member Dallas Model A Ford Club
    21 year member Lone Star Model A Ford Club, Founder & First President
    Charter member Ford Model AA Truck Club
    Chairman 35th Model A Ford Texas Tour 1998 (state convention)
    Chairman 42nd Model A Ford Texas Tour 2005 (state convention)

If you aren't driving your antique car frequently, you might as well be collecting clocks!!!

December 1st in the wilds of western New York. Just got home from coffee at the Brockport Diner. Here's the view through the Christmas decorations. Been sitting almost 10 minutes.
    Bernie
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	511.3 KB 
ID:	165680
    BCA# 10556
    1948 Packard Deluxe Eight
    1960 Buick Electra
    1964 Buick Riviera
    1986 Buick Electra Park Ave convertible
    1994 Chevy Impala SS