Thread: 1934 Airflow CU Radiator & brass fill tank for sale

1934 Airflow CU Radiator & brass fill tank for sale

Hi. Brian here. I have a 1934 Airflow CU Radiator and the brass fill tank that attaches to it. I believe it is good.......the last time it was installed and used was around 2005. It's just been sitting inside my building collecting dust. I can box and ship it, but it IS heavy, so you'll have to pay the shipping cost from Minnesota. My direct email address is beelee167@gmail.com ........you can let me know what you feel is fair for price (don't forget shipping), and i'll try to see if i can send it your way. regards.

Re: 1934 Airflow CU Radiator & brass fill tank for sale

Hi. Brian here again. I got no response on my 1934 CU radiator so i placed it on Ebay for auction. I'm a little surprised at the lack of response from Airflow owners. I know that when "I" have an old rare car i try to accumulate spare parts whenever i can......especially if they are not being reproduced. Good luck finding the parts when that soccer mom in a hurry to get to work t-bones you, or that deer jumps out in front of your car. Another bit of food for thought, is.....the local scrap yard is paying $1.95 per pound for copper radiators, of which this one is about 60 Lbs. Which means that the scrap value alone is $117.00 Knowing that.......what do you think the guy you have to pay to re-core yours is going to charge? Last i checked A Ford model A repro copper radiator is about $500.00 Sooooo....... i would expect if you can get the radiator guy to re-do yours, it will run about $800.00 minimum. Now don't get too riled up, i'm just trying to get you guys to think this through, i have no intention of scrapping this radiator. I'm an old car guy and could never do that (maybe if i was bankrupt,had no home, and was starving to death). My reserve is less than scrap value. Lets get off our hands(wallets), and give this thing a home. Regards.

Re: 1934 Airflow CU Radiator & brass fill tank for sale

Hi, just thought i would let you know....the radiator sold......for less than it's scrap value. At least it now has a home, and may be put in service one day. Regards

Thread Information