Thread: 1931 Chrysler CD 8 Engine

Post 1931 Chrysler CD 8 Engine

I am restoring a 1931 CD 8 cylender Chrysler engine. Does somebody know the correct color for the block and head. I think the block was gray, but what shade. The same for the head. Its a silver dome head. What shade of silver. Any additional info on this engine is welcomed. Thanks much for any help. MIKE

Re: 1931 Chrysler CD 8 Engine

Hi Mike. This is the photo of my engine http://s15.postimage.org/bxdl9rsa3/IMGP1685.jpg

Mike, I have found that the engines were a bit more gray/green than Davids. Also the head that says silver dome is silver, Bill Hirsch sells a very appropriate color silver in his engine paint. He may also have by this time the correct color for your engine. Will be glad to forward photo's of mine if you pm me. Rob
    AACA, HCCA, VMCCA, WPC, DBC

vintchry you think aren't correct my engine colour's? My car is in restoration and every information about it is very important for me! Please if you have a photo details of this car can you send me? (i don't know how many chrysler eight there are in italy, but is very rare) thanks!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by davidit View Post
    vintchry you think aren't correct my engine colour's? My car is in restoration and every information about it is very important for me! Please if you have a photo details of this car can you send me? (i don't know how many chrysler eight there are in italy, but is very rare) thanks!
    I think the color would have been more like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcp_0808.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	181574  
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wire wheels
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wood wheels (my 1st car and still have it)
    and visions of my past old cars....

[Q
    UOTE=keiser31;1141555]I think the color would have been more like this...[/QUOTE]

Look at the posting on July 18, 2012 under this same category. Dan Phenicie gives the paint codes for the proper shade of blue-grey-green for the 31 and 32 Chryslers. This is as close to original as there is.
    Greg Biskey

because i have found this car with same colour of mine engine: 1932 Chrysler CP-8 Convertible Coupe - Significant Cars, Inc.

Mike-I understand your concern about getting it right on all the details. I own a 33 Chrysler CQ and restored a 32 Dodge DK 8 and both car engines seemed to have vestiges of paint which I would describe as blue green almost turquoise. Even tho these engines are in different brands they are of the same design and Dodge was part of the Chrysler family since 1929. Don't forget the color could have changed due to heating and cooling cycles.
    I will send you an e-mail with photos of my engine color if you give me your e-mail. I painted the Dodge head silver as it was a Silver Dome head but my 33 CQ is a Red Head engine so the head got the bright red treatment.
    My question to members here is whether this smaller 8 cylinder engine-about 300 inches-is a Chrysler or a Dodge design? I would have thought Dodge was working on an 8 back in the 1928-29 period when they were sold to Chrysler.
    Martin Lum
    1933 CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bughi View Post
    I am restoring a 1931 CD 8 cylender Chrysler engine. Does somebody know the correct color for the block and head. I think the block was gray, but what shade. The same for the head. Its a silver dome head. What shade of silver. Any additional info on this engine is welcomed. Thanks much for any help. MIKE
    Click to view prior engine paint thread > http://forums.aaca.org/f145/engine-p...-a-332563.html
    1911 Hudson 33 and other old used cars

Thread Information