Thread: 1930 66 Royal Sedan

1930 66 Royal Sedan

Just purchased this Sedan and see that the windshield has a regulator above it. This pulls the windshield straight up. Was this an option or did these come standard? Also looking for front and rear seats.

Re: 1930 66 Royal Sedan

according to the book 70 years of Chrysler , in the 1930 section it states "the windsheilds of all closed models could be raised by turning the handle above the wheel"

Thanks much for info! Also trying to read Fedco badge. It appears the letters H I on top of ribbon and H D on bottom with the Chrysler written in the middle. Does this make any sense or I just can't see well? Also engine # C2 2122. Can't find body # on door pillar.

Hi-if youra car has a Fedco plate it won't have a body serial # on the RH door jamb.
    The Fedco plaate has 7-8 digits in a combination of alpha and numeric characters which state the serial # in code. the code is explained as 0-9 for the following successive letters-chrysled. You translate the fedco letters into # for the full serial #. It can be very difficult to read the #s and letters on the Fedco plate due to rust, etc.
    The engine #C2---- makes it an series 66 engine.
    Martin Lum

Thanks for your help. The engine is in the machine shop now and he wasn't sure about the model. Thanks again, this should help him.

Hi I too have a 1930 66 sedan. Anyone know where I could find:

1) Regulator for windscreen
    2) Regulators for left rear and right rear side windows
    3) Locking external door handle
    4) Bypass oil filter cannister and element

Cheers
    Ross

PS DANA J I'd love to see some photos of your car.

Hope these come thru.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28784.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	22805  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Send some pics of yours.

Looks like a great project.

Here's some photos of mine.

Just worked out how to attach files

Name:	28827.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	22844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28828.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	22845  

What a great looking car. Hope mine turns out as well. Could you possibly send more detailed pics?
    thanks

Hi,

I've posted more pics here http://photos.aaca.org/ Just search for 1930 chrysler and you should find them ok.

If you require any specific shots, just let me know and I'll take some for you.

Cheers
    Ross

Hi, I too am doing up a 66 sedan, judging by your engine number you have a early model 66 with a 195.6 cu in engine, the later model engine was slightly larger and had 5 numbers on the engine block. I have a copied owners hand book if that is of any interest to you. Do you need any other parts? I am looking for the a complete light and throttle levers on the steering wheel and a fedco badge

We just rebuilt the engine and the bore and stroke worked out to be a 218 c.i. I would very much be interested in an owners hand book. Also just found out my siverdome head has a crack and my radiator doesn't look too good either. I too will need a light lever. I just had the stromberg carb come back from Classic Carbs and looks great. Can't wait to fire it up. Maybe next week. I think I may start it even with the cracked head. Started working on the wood for the top. Should go pretty well as all the wood is in fair shape to use as patterns.

We just rebuilt the engine and the bore and stroke worked out to be a 218 c.i. I would very much be interested in an owners hand book. Also just found out my siverdome head has a crack and my radiator doesn't look too good either. I too will need a light lever. I just had the stromberg carb come back from Classic Carbs and looks great. Can't wait to fire it up. Maybe next week. I think I may start it even with the cracked head. Started working on the wood for the top. Should go pretty well as all the wood is in fair shape to use as patterns.

Dana J.

I may have a head for you if you are interested. Give me the stamped info on the silverdome along with dimensions.

Dan

Measurements of my head are 7" x 24 7/8". Stamped numbers read 3229 S01977-1 Silverdome. (I think it's an S).
    Thanks for your help.

Some pics of the roof timber.

Name:	29283.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1,001.1 KB 
ID:	23184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29284.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	23185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29285.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	23186  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dana J,

I have a silverdome head that measures 7"x 24 7/8" but the numbers are different. I am not an expert so I don't know if they are different. The numbers I have are 78381-2.

What are you going to do to your roof lumber? I need to do a restoration on mine so any work you do with plenty of pictures would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Dan

My head has a dodge brothers emblem on it. Do you know what year it came off of and how much you might want for it. On the roof timber I am thinking of making several. Would you be able to post a pic of the head?

A Dodge emblem on a Chrysler? Are you sure? It is from a '29 Chrysler model 65. I know a lot of the parts on the 66's and 65's are interchangeable. I don't know about the head though.

I will have my wife send you a picture ('Cause I don't know how!) You want it sent to a specific address?

Dan

Can you send pictures to danajohnson@exitwasatch.com
    Thanks

Do any one know where I can find the frame number on a Chrysler 6 from 1933 1 1/2 ton Pick up frame? I cant find it!
    A freind of mine has a Dodge from 1926, an he have the frame number on the outside of the right front crosmember of the frame.
    I am trying to restore a Chrysler 6 Fire Truck from 1933 in Sweden.
    A confused Swede.
    Please answert to leif.trumberg@swipnet.se

Images

Usually, the vehicle serial number on the frame is located over the rear springs on the driver's side. On the outside of the frame rail just ahead of the axle is where it should be. Not certain, but the export frame MAY have it on the passenger side, same area. It usually takes a good rubbing with a wire brush to expose it.
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wire wheels
    1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wood wheels (my 1st car and still have it)
    and visions of my past old cars....

Thread Information