Attention all STuTZ Club Members - Registration information is in the mail for the 2013 Grand STuTZ Seabrook, TX May 1 – 5, 2013
Combined Grand STuTZ Seabrook and Keels & Wheels Agenda
This event is about getting together as STuTZ enthusiasts. We want to have a good showing of judged and non-judged cars, but encourage everyone, with or without a car, to consider the trip to the beautiful Texas Gulf Coast.
Our 2013 Grand STuTZ will begin on May 1, 2013, and be held in conjunction with the 18th Annual Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance in Seabrook, Texas. The Keels & Wheels will be honoring STuTZ as the automotive marque and they are excited about the STuTZ Club participation. All of the STuTZ cars will be displayed as a group on the show field on Saturday and Sunday. You will receive a separate mailing from the Keels & Wheels with their information and forms. You must return both the Grand STuTZ and the Keels & Wheels forms.
The Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake is the headquarters hotel for the Grand STuTZ, as well as the Keels & Wheels event. You will find information on room rates for the Hilton and other area lodging options in the information you will receive in the mail. Please make your reservations early.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013:
- Our registration table will be in the Hilton NASA Clear Lake lobby. There are no formal club activities scheduled. Provisions will be made for members arriving on Thursday.
Thursday, May 2, 2013:
- We will take a motor coach to Montgomery, Texas, to view the car collection and restoration shop of STuTZ Club members Richard and Irina Mitchell at The Old Iron Works.
- Enjoy shopping at the Historic Montgomery antique shops and boutiques with such intriguing names as Front Porch Friends, Rhinestone Cowgirl, and Hotsie Totsie.
- We will have lunch at Ransom’s Steakhouse & Saloon in Montgomery. They have a great menu at reasonable prices.
- In the evening we will gather in the private lakeside dining room of the Luna Restaurant located in the Hilton and enjoy cold and hot hors d’oeuvres, the view of water, and good conversation.
Friday May 3, 2013
- In the morning, members with cars that will be displayed will move their cars to the show field in preparation for the Saturday event. Moving of cars will begin at 8:00 AM.
- A visit to the NASA Johnson Space Center.
- Lunch at T-Bone Tom’s featured on Food Network’s popular Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives TV show. They have a great menu at reasonable prices.
- After lunch we will explore the Kemah Boardwalk for the rest of the day.
- In the evening we will join the Keels & Wheels for a Seafood Buffet at the Lakewood Yacht Club.
Saturday, May 4
- The 18th Annual Keels & Wheels, featuring antique boats and cars will honor the cars of Harry C. Stutz.
- If you did not get your car on the show field on Friday you must be at the field no later than 7:00 AM with your car to get placed.
- That evening we will join the Keels & Wheels for the event banquet at the Lakewood Yacht Club.
Sunday, May 5
- The Keels & Wheels event concludes in the afternoon. For those returning home on Monday, the club will gather at the Hilton for a farewell after the event.