Thread: Weird Glitch Uploading Photos

Weird Glitch Uploading Photos

So since some time last week I've been experiencing a weird glitch when I try to upload photos for my posts. I've never had a problem until now. When I go through the photo uploader and click "upload files" the progress bar completes then an exclamation mark appears next to the photo name. When I hover my mouse over it the following error message appears: "[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]". This happens on ANY picture I try to upload. It doesn't matter if it's tiny or large. The weird part is, if I wait a few seconds, then exit the uploader and hit "post reply", sometimes the photo DOES appear in my post. Sometimes it does not. I've even had it randomly pop up after waiting in the bottom of the manage attachments box. It's really buggy and random. Anyone else experiencing this?
    BCA #46402
    KFOCI #10647

1952 Buick Special Deluxe 41D (Lucy)
    (My Dad And I Finally Have A Project Car)
    1953 Kaiser Manhattan (Linus)
    (Another One?! But I'm Not Even Done With The Buick Yet!!:p)
    1979 Thunderbird Town Landau
    (Highly Neglected Since I Got My Buick)
    1977 Thunderbird Town Landau
    (My First Car Given To Me By My Uncle w/ 20,000 Original Miles & Wrecked In 2004(not my fault) w/ 70,000 Miles, R.I.P.)

AACA Life Member - Moderator Peter Gariepy's Avatar
    Images

Re: Weird Glitch Uploading Photos

I've not had wide-spread problems with this. - Tested it now without issue. Can you send me images in question?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acid_picdump_115.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	180502  
    Peter Gariepy
    Web Mechanic
    www.aaca.org

CARS:
    1903 Curved Dash Olds (Replica)
    1978 VW Bus

CLUBS:
    Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA)
    Cadillac & LaSalle Club of America (CLC)
    I have automobile books for sale on AMAZON

Favorite quotes:
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Peter, it's not on any specific images from what I can tell. I've tested it on many random images that I have on my PC. I've tried it on all shapes and sizes. It does the same thing every time. After a little further investigation it appears that the images ARE showing up in my posts. Essentially, the "manage attachments" box is telling me that they did not upload due to some type of error and they DO NOT show up in the attachments box. But when I exit the attachments box and hit "preview post", there they are! I've posted MANY pictures here and I've never had this problem. I think I'll try to upload pictures using some other browsers and see if that makes a difference. I am currently using Firefox on Windows 7. I'll let you know if that makes a difference.
    BCA #46402
    KFOCI #10647

(My First Car Given To Me By My Uncle w/ 20,000 Original Miles & Wrecked In 2004(not my fault) w/ 70,000 Miles, R.I.P.)

I had the same issue. I was wondering if I have too many photos saved in my "archive" (I don't know what the right word for this is?). I would like to delete some of my saved archive photos but I can't figure out how to delete them. Any help would be appreciated for this near computer illiterate user! Thanks!!!!

I'm still having this issue as well. I never got around to checking back in here because I wasn't able to test it in other browsers. I only have access to the internet at work and apparently our user policy blocks all other browsers except for Firefox. I am still able to post pictures by going through the upload process as normal. After all the photos upload and the exclamations appear, I just wait about 30 seconds, then close all of the "manage attachments" boxes. Then click "preview post", and voila! They appear in my post. Weird but it works.
    BCA #46402
    KFOCI #10647

Thread Information